INSTRUCTIONAL DESIGNER / E-LEARNING SPECIALIST
Award-winning educator and innovator, with more than 13 years of experience developing progressive educational programs, training tools, and presentations for organizations including Gwinnett County Public Schools in Georgia. Positive communicator, known for building valuable relationships with students, educators, and administrators. Career reflects demonstrated success in meeting organizational objectives and implementing creative solutions. Specialized experience in special education, multimedia presentation development, technology training, photography, and eLearning, with key strengths including:
Special Education Instruction · Instructional Design · Program Development & Coordination · eLearning
Educational Technology & Training · Media Coordination · Customer Call Center Support & Analysis
Website Design & Maintenance · Video Production & Editing · Digital Photography and Videography
GameFace Media, Boston, MA · 2014-Present
The #1 provider of free event photos in the United States.
Top Rated Obstacle Course Race Freelance Photographer. Responsible for shooting the best sports event photographs in the industry.
BLUE IRON COACHING, Atlanta, Georgia · 2013-Present
Company trains 50-80 athletes for participation in annual triathlon events.
Freelance Instructional Designer & eLearning Consultant
Develop, film, edit, and produce various training presentations, promotional videos, and documentaries.
- Created training video, “Ironclad Keys to Success”
- Developed 6 video presentations, CEO bio video re-edit for website, training video, and animated video introduction clip.
GWINNETT COUNTY PUBLIC SCHOOLS, Various Locations, Georgia · 2001-2013
Largest school system in Georgia encompassing 140 schools and 190,000+ students, teachers, and administrators.
Assistant Special Education Teacher, Winn-Holt Elementary School, Lawrenceville, Georgia (2012-2013)
Assisted first year teacher with instruction of intellectually disabled students in a public elementary school setting. Supported students in comprehending class lessons, social skills, general behavior, and lesson remediation. Observed classroom and monitored student activities. Also assisted with data collection, Individualized Education Plan development and documentation, lesson delivery, and evaluation.
- Consistently met organizational objectives.
Special Education Teacher, Dacula Middle School, Dacula, Georgia (2011-2012)
Provided affective instruction to 10-15 students with various emotional and/or behavior disabilities. Fostered good social skills training, decision making, positive peer interaction, proper school behavior, goal setting, and follow through. Also taught special education students in history and math.
- Built positive relationships with students and contributed to School Crisis Team and Crisis Plan Development.
- Informally recognized by Emotional & Behavior Disability coordinators and coaches for classroom management program, student behavioral crisis plan, and development of appropriate Individualized Education Programs, and Behavior Intervention plans.
Technology Coordinator, Central Gwinnett High School, Lawrenceville, Georgia (2009-2011)
Coordinated and delivered all application training, device usage training (scanners, printer, document camera, video interface), peripheral device training, and testing for 150+ teachers, office personnel, and administrators. Developed multimedia presentations. Recommended applications and hardware for instructional use. Monitored and maintained school websites. Provided Level I customer support on all computer software applications, identifying problems and escalating issues as needed for one media center (50 computers), 150+ laptops, student workstations, and 11 computer learning labs containing 32 desktop computers each. Scheduled teachers for mandatory testing labs.
- Designed new school website and in-print publication for school during rebranding initiative; successfully trained all teachers on use of website and individual webpages.
- Documented 50,000+ parent and student visits to school’s website visiting teachers websites to access calendars, homework, and other assignments.
- Developed training curriculum and trained 150+ staff, support staff, and administrators on more than seven application packages (including MS Windows 7, Lotus Notes 9, MS Word, MS PowerPoint, Promethean ActiveInspire, ThinkGate Elements, and Integrade Pro).
- Successfully trained teachers to move from paper based to computer based testing (with Elements).
- Delivered successful computer based testing to ~700 students three times per year.
- Piloted and rolled out testing via handheld device, eliminating need for testing on individual computers or on paper.
- Instrumental in assisting with project to update all computers, network support, servers, and laptops.
Customer Support Technician, Customer Support Call Center, Suwanee, Georgia (2005-2009)
Assisted customers with IEP.Online application, used to develop legally compliant documents and programs for K-12 special education students. Created accounts, updated access to students and teachers. Identified and corrected user errors, addressed issues with compliance, and verified appropriate computer application functionality. Facilitated knowledge base development and maintenance, technical documentation, and training document development. Delivered 10 hours of face-to-face staff development training throughout the year to new teachers.
- Successfully closed 12,000+ customer support tickets in 3 years.
- Trained 900+ teachers over 4 years as part of a team of two trainers.
Special Education Teacher, Hopkins Elementary School, Lilburn, Georgia (2001-2005)
Worked with K-4th grade students as an educational generalist. Taught writing, reading, science, social studies, math, and social skills. Addressed and remediated many instructional deficits with students.
- Successfully engaged uninterested students in various academic subjects.
EDUCATION & TRAINING
Master of Science, Educational Media Design & Technology, Full Sail University, Winter Park, Florida
Master of Arts, Special Education (Emotional Conflict Program), University of Alabama, Tuscaloosa, Alabama
Bachelor of Science, Biblical Studies, Freed-Hardeman University, Henderson, Tennessee
Extensive Coursework in video, graphics, and audio editing; technology coordination (detailed list provided on request)
Certified Help Desk Professional; ITIL V. 3 Foundations Certified
PUBLICATIONS & PRESENTATIONS (detailed list provided on request)
Numerous scholarly publications, training presentations, and workshops on various topics
AWARDS & HONORS
6 Course Directors Awards for Excellence, Full Sail University
Recipient, Advanced Achievement Award, Full Sail University
Valedictorian, Full Sail University
Faculty Award, University of Alabama (highest student honor in field)
Multiple Scholarship Recipient, Freed-Hardman College
Mac X OS; Windows XP & 7 OS; Lotus Notes 9
MS Office 2011 Mac and Windows (Word, Publisher, PowerPoint and Excel)
Adobe Creative Suite Mac CS6 and Windows CS5 (After Effects, Audition, Encore,
Media Encoder, Illustrator, InDesign, Premiere Pro, Photoshop) Adobe Captivate 7 (two courses)
HTML5 (two courses); ProShow Gold 4 – slideshow for PC
Nikon Imaging (Capture NX2, Nikon Transfer, Camera Control Pro)
American Society of Training & Development (National and Greater Atlanta Chapter memberships)